Irish Soda Bread- podcast proposal

1. What is it you want to talk about? (It can be an object, a piece of music, a story, a family tradition, etc.)

我要说我的爷爷的irish soda bread.

1. What is the story behind it?

我的妈妈是 adopted into an Irish 家庭,住在 New York City. My great grampas recipe. Made on Saint Patrick’s day every year to honor his memory. My mother used to make it with him when she was younger, however, I was born after he passed and have only been able to make it with my mother. The recipe has nonspecific measurements- stuff like a “teacup of flower”. We did a family trip to Ireland to see where he was born. 

1. What does it say about you, your family, or the associated people?

Our connection to Irish traditions, even after my great grandparents moved from Ireland to America. 

1. How are you going to present this story? How are you going to engage the listeners throughout the podcast?

I want to start off with quotes from the recipe since I think the measurements are funny, and then go into the family history and then my grandparents telling of making it with family. 

1. Do you plan to interview other people? *(check the requirements of interviews below)

I will interview my grandparents to share their stories of making the bread with their grandparents.