The following is the Table of Contents from the Fall/Winter 2021 issue of Metamorphoses.
The complete edition, including the original language versions for the poetry, is available only in print.
Thalia Pandiri, Editor-in-Chief:
- In This Issue, page 9.
Amado Nervo, Translated from the Spanish by G.J. Racz:
- Comets, page 12.
- Springs, page 12.
- Good Shepherd, page 14.
- The Moon’s Peace, page 14.
- Trust, page 16.
- Ecstasy, page 16.
- Evocation, page 18.
Xánath Caraza, Translated from the Spanish by Sandra Kingery:
- Perching, page 20.
- Move On, Color, page 20.
- Train Cars, page 22.
Rainer Maria Rilke, Translated from the German by Christiane Marks:
- Seventh Duino Elegy, page 24.
Astrid Cabral, Translated from the Portuguese by Alexis Levitin:
- Cathedral of Bamboo, page 30.
- A Puddle in The Yard, page 30.
- A Gloss on My Grandmother, page 32.
- Aesthetics, page 32.
- Food On the Ground, page 34.
- The Other Face, page 34.
Paul Valéry, Translated from the French by Dwayne Barrick:
- The Footsteps, page 36.
- The Hollow Dancers, page 36.
- Caesar, page 38.
Dmitry Blizniuk, Translated from the Russian by Sergey Gerasimov:
- In the Suburbs, page 40.
Luís Miguel Nava, Translated from the Portuguese by Alexis Levitin and Ricardo Vasconcelos:
- Precipice, page 42.
Róger Lindo, Translated from the Spanish by Matthew Byrne:
- XVIII, page 44.
Lêdo Ivo, Translated from the Portuguese by Andrew Gebhardt:
- The Scaffolding of the World, page 46.
- The Poor at the Bus Station, page 48.
- Beyond Passports, page 50.
- The Stain on the Wall, page 52.
Tamim Al-Barghouti, Translated from the Arabic by Houssem Ben Lazreg:
- A Young Woman, page 54.
- Notes on Translation, page 56.
Abdellatif Laâbi, Translated from the French by Allan Johnston and Guillemette Johnston:
- Race, page 58.
- Literary Nobility And A Young Writer, page 94.
Ida Gerhardt and M. Vasalis, Translated from the Dutch by Arno Bohlmeijer:
- For M. Vasalis, page 96.
- Low Tide, page 96.
- The Winter and My Love Are Gone, page 98.
Anonymous, Translated from the Old Icelandic by Robert K. Painter:
- Eyrbyggja Saga – Excerpt of Chapters 4, 9, 10, page 100.
Manuel Chaves Nogales, Translated from the Spanish by Ruth Murphy:
- The Shelter, page 107.
- Ruth Murphy:
Manuel Chaves Nogales’ “El Refugio” (“The Shelter”) and 9/11. A Translator’s Journey of Discovery, page 115.
Rabindranath Tagore, Translated from the Bengali by Shampa Roy:
- Detective , page 123.
Palmira De Angelis, Translated from the Italian by Jamie Mackay:
- The Mirror, page 132.
Gregary J. Racz:
- Review: Susana Thénon. Ova Completa, page 137.
Contributors, page 143.