The following is the Table of Contents from the Fall/Winter 2022 issue of Metamorphoses.
The complete edition, including the original language versions for the poetry, is available only in print.
Thalia Pandiri, Editor-in-Chief:
Special Section: Latin American Poetry
- Andrés Bello, Translated from the Spanish by G. J. Racz:
- Agriculture in the Torrid Zone, page 18.
- The Man, the Horse, and the Bull, page 40.
- Mariano Melgar, Translated from the Spanish by G. J. Racz:
- Ode to Solitude, page 42.
- The Cats, page 46.
- Come Back, for I no Longer Can, page 48.
- Juana Borrero, Translated from the Spanish by G. J. Racz:
- Apollo, page 52.
- Eduardo Chirinos, Translated from the Spanish by G. J. Racz:
- Parallel Lives, page 54.
- John’s Lament on Patmos (+John Lennon), page 56.
Adélaïde-Gillette Dufrénoy, Translated from the French by Laura Nagle:
- A Defense of Inconstancy, page 58.
- Respite, page 60.
- Indifference, page 62.
- Suspicion, page 62.
Théophile Gautier, Translated from the French by Robert McLean:
- Secret Affinities (A Pantheistic Madrigal), page 64.
- A Study of Hands
- I Imperial, page 70.
- II Lacenaire, page 72.
Nicholas Pesquès, Translated from the French by Lee Posna:
- From: La Face Nord de Juliau, Vol. 17
- 30.07.14 , page 76.
- 13.04.13, page 78.
- 01.04.13, page 78.
- 16.06.14, page 80.
- 28.03.13, page 80.
- 02.08.14, page 82.
- Translator’s Note, page 83
Abdellatif Laâbi, Translated from the French by Allan Johnston and Guillemette Johnston:
- Sails of the Childhood, page 84.
- My Solitude, page 86.
- Poetry Saved Me, page 88.
- The Layers of the Soul, page 90.
- A Notch Above Life, page 92.
Xánath Caraza, Translated from the Spanish by Sandra Kingery:
- Nocturnal Wind, page 94.
- Bloody Twilight, page 96.
- Hissing, page 98.
- Sow the Earth, page 100.
- It Turns to Smoke, page 102.
Juan Lamillar,Translated from the Spanish by Don Bogen:
- Horses in the Park, page 104.
Da Ra Bendre, Translated from the Kannada by Madhav Ajjampur:
- Deer, page 106.
Anonymous, Translated from the Old Irish by A.Z. Foreman:
- Créide’s Lament For Dínterach (CA. 9th Century), page 108.
- Pangur Bán (Late 9th Century), page 110.
- Translator’s Note, page 113.
Salvadore Cammarano, Translated from the Italian by Erik Liddell:
- Traslator’s Introduction, page 114.
- Alzira, page 115.
Special Section On Multilinguality And Translation In India
- Sowmya Dechamma CC
Introduction: Thoughts on Multilingualism and Translation, page 143
- Fahdh Abdul Kader, Soumyaa Nayak
Notes on the Process of Translation, page 147.
- Hansda Shekhar Sowvendra
November is the Month of Migrations
- Translated into Mizo by R Lalhriatpuii, page 151.
- Translated into Hindi by Sonali Pandey and Ravi Chandra Arya, page 153.
- Translated into Bangla by Soumyadeep Ghosh and Prantik Mandal, page 155.
- Translated into Kannada by Ajay Varma Alluri, page 157.
- Translated into Malayalam by Fahdh Abdul Kader, Samir Ka sim, Naseef and Akhil Ajay, page 160.
- Translated into Nepali by Dipika Pradhan, page 162.
- Translated into Odia by Jay Shreeram Dash and Soumyaa Nayak, page 164.
- Translator’s note, page 167.
- Translated into Telugu by Medi Chaitanya, Chinthakunta Deva Ruchita, Komire Sai Kumar, and Begari Harikrishna, page 169.
José Cardoso Pires, Translated From the Portuguese by Paul Melo E Castro:
- Message to Garcia, page 183.
- Translator’s Note, page 196.
Christoph Hein, Translated with Notes by H.W. Pickford:
- Translator’s Introduction, page 197.
- The Newer (Happier) Kohlhaas, Report about a Lawsuit from the Years 1972-1973, page 198.
- Review Essay: Translating Stendhal’s Le Rouge Et Le Noir, page 211.