Learn more about some community organizations that are doing work in and around criminal justice/the carceral system and how you can get involved!

Many of these organizations were mentioned in the article, but some are not. I’ve tried to include what I know about the ones I’ve interacted with directly.

• The term “remedy” refers to the Administrative Remedy Program, which hosts the official process for people who are incarcerated to file grievances against their facility.
  • The Remedy Project trains students to file remedies on behalf of incarcerated people and works on public advocacy, highlighting stories that emerge from the remedy process.
  • Internships and volunteer positions available. Training and commitment variable by position
  • Great Falls Books through Bars hosts packing sessions every second Saturday of every month, 1-5pm (drop-in)
  • What you’d do: read book-request letters sent from people who are incarcerated; go “shopping” from the books at the site; package and respond to the letters (if desired)
  • Training: informal, on-site (just a demonstration of where things are what and to do)

Additional organizations that I don’t have extra information on!