The Record Merge Working Group invites you to an open house on June 17, 2020. The purpose of this open house is to update the 5C community on the working group’s activities and present decisions made thus far by the working group for comment and review by the community. This open house is open to everyone. We encourage you to join us in particular those who have a stake in our future shared bibliographic environment.
- Day: Friday, July 17, 2020
- Time: 1:00 -2:30 pm
- Zoom URL
Tentative Agenda: A presentation will be shared sooner to the date.
- Introduction & Welcome
- Review of Record Merge Recommendations of What is in Scope and Relationship to Migration
- Changes to our Dedup Profile
- OCLC Numbers
- Decoupling Bibliographic records with holdings in both general and special collections
- Clean-up projects. Where are we?
Working Draft Documentation:
- 5C Shared Bibliographic Guidelines & Procedures: This is a draft and used to log decisions once they have been reviewed and commented on by the community during an open house.
- 5C Tag Treatment for Merge: This is the working copy of what the group is doing with MARC bibliographic tags in relation to the merge and cleanup related to the merge.
- BSLW Dedup Profile Decisions: This is where we are recording decisions on settings for the merge with Backstage Library Works.