The Record Merge Working Group invites you to an open house on May 29, 2020. The purpose of this open house is to update the 5C community on the working group’s activities and present decisions made thus far by the working group for comment and review by the community. This open house is open to everyone. We encourage you to join us in particular those who have a stake in our future shared bibliographic environment.
- Day: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Time: 1:00 -2:30 pm
Presentation Slides for Open House: Please note that we are still working on the slides at this time.
- Introduction & Welcome
- Review of Record Merge Recommendations of What is in Scope and Relationship to Migration
- Brief Introduction to the Backstage Library Works Dedup Profile
- Comment and Review of Working Group’s Decisions on 5C Shared Bibliographic Guidelines & Procedures
- Discussion: Clean-up projects
Working Draft Documentation:
The following are the working documents of the working group.
- 5C Shared Bibliographic Guidelines & Procedures: This is a draft and used to log decisions once they have been reviewed and commented on by the community during an open house.
- 5C Tag Treatment for Merge: This is the working copy of what the group is doing with MARC bibliographic tags in relation to the merge and cleanup related to the merge.
- BSLW Dedup Profile Decisions: This is where we are recording decisions on settings for the merge with Backstage Library Works.
On Behalf of the Working Group