ドラえもん

Doraemon was the first manga I read when I was in primary school. My Mom is very strict in book selection so it is rare that a manga can survive her censorship.

doraemon

This series is really amazing. It tells a story of a cat-like robot coming from the 22nd century to help a clumsy student, Nobita. More than a robot, Doraemon has become a family member in Nobita’s family. He calls Nobita’s parents as Mom and Dad. He lives together with the family, in the same room with Nobita. He shares every moment in life with the family. Not to mention that, Doraemon uses his amazing and futuristic equipment to rescue Nobita again and again whenever the clumsy but kind Nobita gets into trouble.

Doraemon becomes close with not only Nobita as they live together but also the kids in Nobita’s neighborhood: Suneo, Takeshi and Shizuka. Together, the group has experienced a lot of adventure from travelling back in time to getting lost in fantasy world.

Doraemon is my childhood. Therefore, when I come across the book in the bookshelf, I was very thrilled. Since it is a manga, the language used is informal and easy to understand. It does not contain many Kanji and always has Furigana to help you. It is suitable for all level of Japanese readers. Especially if you struggle with daily conversation like me, I highly recommend the book!

I’m so happy that now I can read my favorite manga in its original language! Come join Doraemon and me in this journey back in time!

4 Replies to “ドラえもん”

1. I knew that Doraemon was extremely popular in Japan, but I never realized that the main character is actually a robot! Whenever it came on t.v. I always used to ignore it, but now that you have explained its good aspects maybe I will try giving the manga a chance now.

2. Love this manga so much! The story is easy to read but really interesting. I also strongly recommend the animation version. Really a great manga.

3. I always heard about and saw Doraemon but never knew what it was. Now I do thanks to you, and I really want to read it! Looks cute!

4. I also read Doraemon when I was a kid and I liked it a lot. It is a lovely story full of imagination. It is so great that we now have the original Japanese version and I really want to read it!