北欧女子オーサが見つけた日本の不思議

これはオーサ·イェークストロムというスウェーデンから日本に来た女の人が自分のブログで描いた4コママンガを集めて作った本です。二冊があります。一冊目にはシェアハウスのことどか日本語を勉強することどか色々な面白いことが描いてある。日本に生活している日常をよく紹介しているから、読むと日本文化を理解するのに効果的だと思います。そして二冊目には日本に来た友達のことと自分が漫画家としてデビューすることについて話しています。

I would recommend this series to anyone who want to know more about Japanese culture and Japanese daily life, and who want to experience a “culture shock” maybe. The vocabularies and expressions are easy and with the pictures I think first-year student can understand it easily.Nordic Girl AsaIMG_7144

6 Replies to “北欧女子オーサが見つけた日本の不思議”

1. This type of comic has become so popular in recent years! If you liked this one I would also recommend the manga “奥さま Guten Tag!” by Carolina Eckhardt. I am sorry that I have to disagree with you about the fact that you recommend it to first year students though. There are no furigana for any of the kanji and it has a LOT of kanji… for someone who also has not been to Japan or studied much about the culture, some of the references may be a bit difficult to empathize with or relate to.

HOWEVER, having said that… because it is such and adorable and amazing series (have you read #2 yet?), for anyone who wants to try to read it but feels discouraged by the kanji or the grammar, might I suggest watching the web series first?

Episode one is here and the rest can be found on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRKKeWph3Mk

<3

2. Thank you for recommending this book! I am very much fond of Japanese culture and want to learn more. I also very much enjoy manga and read it with ease thanks to the pictures and explanations. I can’t wait to experience the culture shock you were talking about!
    Thanks again!

3. The illustrations are so cute and lively. The topics that book discuss are really interesting, I hope to read it one day.

4. I liked the Illustrations a lot but the books grammar was a little hard for me to understand

5. 日本語を勉強している人には面白そうだし、アートスタイルがとても可愛いから、読んでみたいですね!

6. I wanted to read this because I saw an interview with the author/illustrator on YouTube and thought it sounded really cool, but thought it would be too hard if I’m only a first-year in Japanese. Thanks for letting us know that first-years can read it, now I definitely will.