Manuscripts of 3-5 poems should be typed and formatted according to genre conventions. Prose and non-fiction manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font, and no longer than 25 pages or 7,500 words. Excerpts from longer works will be considered if self-contained. Submit as Word document.
- All submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 12 pt., Times New Roman font.
- A title page should accompany your manuscript. The title page should contain the author’s name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address. In order to facilitate the anonymous peer-reviewing process the author’s name should not appear on the manuscript, and all references in the text and endnotes that might identify the author should be removed and cited on a separate page.
- Essays should be no longer than 35 pages or 9,000 words.
- An abstract must accompany the manuscript not exceeding 250 words. Manuscripts without abstracts cannot be considered.
- You will be prompted to provide an author bio, publication agreement, and keywords during the submission process.
- Scholarly articles should follow the author-date system as outlined in the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition, 2017. In this system, references to works are included in chronological order in the text. The author’s last name and the year of publication are enclosed in parentheses (Davis 1977) and correspond to the alphabetical list of Works Cited at the end of the essay. Page numbers follow the date, preceded by a comma (Garcia 1997, 57). When there are two authors the following format applies: (Chang and Williams 1985, 13); for three authors: (Fulcher, Hernandez, and Spikes 1974); and more than three: (Rashid et al. 1993). If the author is not known, the text reference should substitute the title of the article or book for the author (the title may be shortened, but must include the first word).
Send up to five pieces with 6 x 9 dimensions or dimensions that can be reduced to this size. Please submit visual material as high-resolution TIF files. Visual works must also be publishable in black and white.
Visual art submissions can be sent to the editorial office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your query, “Art Folio/Visual Essay.”
Please make sure to review what category you would like to submit to.